Running | Birthday Presents!

By 07:00

Hi all! Last week it was my birthday and my lovely friends and family gifted me some awesome presents.



I went down London way to visit my boyfriend and he gave me a Nike FuelBand. Yeah, I didn't know what they were either. It is a band which measures "Fuel Points", hours won, calories, steps and handily is also a watch since I managed to leave my one at his place.








Fuel Points are gained by being active and you have to reach a certain goal to get in the green, I think the standard goal is 2000 points which is an achievable goal if you don't sit around all day. Hours won is when you've been active for a consecutive five minutes in an hour. You can choose to have it flash prompts at you to get you moving but I turned that off. I love how discreet it is, it looks just like those rubber campaign bands at a glance and it's not obvious what it is until you press the button.






You can also measure and record sessions, mine have for the most part been running, and those stats are recorded. What I love the most are the achievements you can earn, A compared them to Xbox achievements, and they all add up on your Nike profile.


Oh! And you can connect it to your phone via bluetooth be it Apple or Android!


The list goes on!


I love the little celebrations it performs when you reach your goal, and it wished me a happy birthday on the morning of my birthday which was both lovely and creepy at the same time.


My amazing housemates clubbed together and got me a running fleece from the brand new parkrun clothing range. It's an Adidas fleece with the parkrun logo printed on. It's so lightweight and warm at the same time.






My sister and brother got me a cute handmade makeup bag which I had lined up on my Pinterest wishlist, some little owl earrings and a gorgeous leaf necklace,







My parents drove me over to Dundee to running shop Run4It. They get you to roll up your trousers to have a look at your feet and then put you on a treadmill first bare foot then with different shoes on to see which trainers are best for you.

The lovely sales guy matched me up with my new babies and I can definitely feel a difference when I run in them. I had no idea my feet fell so much inwards when I ran!










They also very kindly provided me with a new camera bag even though I only asked for one or the other (running shoes or bag) so I was a very happy girl.

(Un)fortunately my sister's birthday is only five days after mine so a lot of birthday cake was around at home and as delicious as it was, I started to be sick of the sight of it, as probably was mum.





But no, a very pleasing birthday haul, got to keep this running thing going now!

Anna xx

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments