Running | Parkrun

By 10:41 ,

This week I ran my 4th parkrun in Aberdeen, 6th in total. If you don't know, parkrun is a free 5km weekly timed run which takes place in towns and cities in several countries every Saturday morning, normally starting between 9 and 9:30am. It's completely run by volunteers and is a fun, free way of getting that bit of exercise in.


It was my housemate who first persuaded me to go. I had taken up running over the summer and she convinced me that it didn't matter how slow I was as some people walk it, I would have nothing to worry about. And I didn't. I couldn't quite believe that I wasn't right at the back of the pack that first week.


Since then, I've convinced both my boyfriend and brother to run it with me in different towns. I love it, I love the feeling of finishing it, getting my results sent to me and racking up those runs. I'll get that 50 runs shirt one day!!


I've been consistently hitting the around a half an hour mark but haven't been able to beat my personal best of 29:31. I did, however, manage to run 10km earlier in the week so this weeks result of 29:51 didn't dampen my spirits too much.




Also, my barcode tags arrived this morning. This means I won't have to try and remember my paper barcode each week as it will be attached to my keys. They look great with the parkrun logo and ICE number printed on them.


If you want to find out more about parkrun or where there's one near you, just click here.


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments