Round-Up | First week of November

By 16:14


I have to say the first week of November has got off to a pretty good start. Last Saturday I was persuaded to join a bunch of people in the park to let off fireworks despite my initial hesitations, I've heard so many fireworks horror stories, I didn't want to become one. I was constantly on edge and ready to leg it if it all went wrong. But everything was fine apart from the drizzly weather, my soaking wet jacket and that one firework that scared the crap out of me when it fell over. 



It was my housemate's birthday on Wednesday so I spent a good few hours on Tuesday evening lovingly making her a deliciously chocolatey birthday cake. It was meant to be a surprise but it's a bit difficult to bake in secret when you share a house with someone. It went down an absolute treat though.


Displaying IMG_20141105_083439.jpg

And I think it looked pretty damn good if I do say so myself, I made everything myself (apart from the smarties and chocolate letters of course). I had to wing the chocolate fudge icing as the mixture didn't do what I expected it to do when I was trying to make it, got there in the end though.

The sudden drop in temperature has meant that it's time to break out those hats and gloves, except one of my favourite gloves went walk about so on Wednesday I went on a mission to replace them in preparation for the Guy Fawkes festivities later on.

I eventually found a pair of gloves and matching hat without beads and sequins (a surprisingly difficult challenge) in Accesorize. I decided to splash out since I had a gift card and cashed in on the student discount too. I love my new winter woollies.



We watched the fireworks from a hillside near the beach, and the view was good apart from that one annoying lamppost which is in all of my photos.





I posted one of the finale fireworks on instagram and it was promptly reposted by another girl... Anyway! We went for drinks and tapas at a new-ish place called Bos'n. The venue was snazzy, seating and tables made from upcycled wooden crates and a range of yummy drinks. I asked the bartender to suggest a sweet drink and he recommended the Brazilian Passion so I went for that and some lamb quesadillas. 

My drink and quesadilla

The portion size of the quesadilla was bigger than expected, I guess I have the tapas size from living in Spain in my head still. Not complaining though! Meant I didn't need to make myself any dinner when we got back and chowed down on some birthday cake instead.

And to finish off quite a busy week, I went to the theatre last night to see Rock of Ages with my housemate. We were way up in the balcony and annoyingly sat next to two people who would not shut up so I passively aggressively hushed them while staring straight ahead so they didn't know it was me. They definitely heard me though and decided that they'd just talk more. I wouldn't have minded had they just been getting really into the songs, but when they were loudly talking over the dialogue it really started to wind me up.

         Displaying IMG_20141106_205503.jpg

So we moved seats during the interval in the hope of hearing the rest of the story and so did everyone else sitting within a couple of seats of them. By the time the show started back, there was a massive void of where people had been sitting previously. Surprisingly the pair didn't show up again after the interval, I was on the lookout/hiding my face. We reckon they were either chucked out or missed the cue to go back in. Can they not let you back in if you miss the warning bell?

Anyway, the second half was much more enjoyable and I managed to get a few photos of the theatre before we left.

                           Displaying IMG_20141106_230049.jpg

Not done any running this week because of the weather, hopefully that doesn't impact on my parkrun time too much. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Anna xx
 




You Might Also Like

0 comments