Hair | No Shampoo Experiment Day 1

By 04:02 ,

I've been trying to wean my scalp off shampoo and after several weeks I have now joined the 'no 'poo revolution'.


I've never been in the habit of daily hair washing, normally it was every other day by I had bought into the double shampoo and condition routine. Last year I decided to ditch the two shampoos thing and conditioner and had only been having a dab of shampoo each time. Over the last few months I have increased the time between washes to the point where I can go a week without washing my hair and it still looking acceptable and just a water rinse doing the trick mid-week.




Today I finally took it that one step further and have decided to go ahead and give up that 'poo and use what Katherine Martinko suggested for long hair in her post on treehugger:

Measure 2 tbsp baking soda into a 500 mL/1 pint glass jar. Wet hair. Fill jar with water and stir to dissolve baking soda. Pour over head and scrub into hair. Rinse. Measure 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar into same jar. Add water, pour over head, and rinse almost immediately.

So I went out yesterday and bought bicarbonate of soda (I was assured that it's the same thing as baking soda) and some cider vinegar as Morrisons calls it.


I followed her very easy method with a pint glass and measuring spoon in the bathroom and I could instantly feel my hair getting cleaner. And Katherine is right, the vinegar smell disappears almost instantly, your hair will NOT smell like salad.




Right now it feels the same as when I wash with shampoo, definitely cleaner. My housemate has said that if I have success she'll follow suit, she's also down to about once a week washing hair. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Anna xx

 


You Might Also Like

0 comments