Hair | 3 Weeks of No Shampoo

By 04:00 , ,



It has been three weeks since I stopped using shampoo from a bottle and sixteen days since I started using bicarbonate of soda and apple cider vinegar on my hair instead.

And I am certainly not disappointed with the results.

Displaying IMG_20141108_161818.jpg
Day number 7 with no shampoo. Used bicarbonate of soda and apple cider vinegar to wash my hair this morning and damn it looks good. Suddenly looks so much blonder too.

Now this next one is probably the best selfie I have ever taken. Never will I take one as good.


                                      Displaying IMG_20141109_093318.jpg
Day 2 of new regime / Day 8 of no shampoo. Put my hair in a French braid last night (dry) and it came out like this. It also feels so soft!!
Apologies for the terrible lighting in this one. I think it makes my hair look a little greasy and I think by this stage it did need a little wash but overall it was still feeling super soft and light.

Displaying IMG_20141111_080936.jpg

Day 4 new regime / Day 10 #noshampoo hair still not looking greasy and feels soft.

And finally, one I took this morning after a run. Lighting is completely different as I went for taking one by the window and profiting from that natural light.

                                     Displaying IMG_20141123_113636.jpg

So that photo is three weeks in and dayum it's still looking good. I need to get out of the habit of stroking my hair in disbelief, it's as soft as a puppy.


In future I'll take photos on my proper camera rather than on my phone. If you want real-time updates, follow me on instagram @annalouiseaway


One thing I've learned it that you really have to scrub that bicarb of soda into your scalp when you do it. I did a wash earlier this week where I didn't scrub it in properly and it looked cleaner but not as good as it had done on previous washes.


I convinced my housemate to try it for a while and she saw results too but has since reverted back to shampoo as she didn't really think it was for her. She's going to wash her hair with BS and ASV from time to time though.


As for me, I'm going to plough on, I love my hair.

Anna xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments